Yet another victim has fallen into the hungry maw of bullies. Another Rebecca Sedwick? Another Phoebe Prince? Thankfully, this is a man who did not die by his own hand, but still martyred himself to make us aware of an insidious problem. Jonathan Martin, an offensive tackle for the Miami Dolphins, endured a hardscrabble life, with nothing to go on but the example of a struggling Harvard professor for a father and a mother scraping by as a corporate lawyer. He grew to be a whisp of a figure, a mere 6’5″, 312 pounds, living no doubt on Ramen noodles and a … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Joe D's Final Countdown: The Going to Work Pistons, a Retrospective
- Go Pick on Someone the Size of a House: "Bullying" in the NFL
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Teacher of Teachers and Human Being Extraordinaire--Al Eidelman
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh