Yet another victim has fallen into the hungry maw of bullies. Another Rebecca Sedwick? Another Phoebe Prince? Thankfully, this is a man who did not die by his own hand, but still martyred himself to make us aware of an insidious problem. Jonathan Martin, an offensive tackle for the Miami Dolphins, endured a hardscrabble life, with nothing to go on but the example of a struggling Harvard professor for a father and a mother scraping by as a corporate lawyer. He grew to be a whisp of a figure, a mere 6’5″, 312 pounds, living no doubt on Ramen noodles and a … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Cheers to the 19th Amendment--96 Years Ago Today!
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- "Cobbler and the Cowboy" -- My Grandma's Poetry
- Abilify's Bathrobe: The Joe Camel of Anti-Depressants
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh