Yet another victim has fallen into the hungry maw of bullies. Another Rebecca Sedwick? Another Phoebe Prince? Thankfully, this is a man who did not die by his own hand, but still martyred himself to make us aware of an insidious problem. Jonathan Martin, an offensive tackle for the Miami Dolphins, endured a hardscrabble life, with nothing to go on but the example of a struggling Harvard professor for a father and a mother scraping by as a corporate lawyer. He grew to be a whisp of a figure, a mere 6’5″, 312 pounds, living no doubt on Ramen noodles and a … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- The Consolidated States of America
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- Shocking NHTSA Commercial Captures Horrors of Texting and Driving
- An "Impossible Dream" -- Not Holding a Microphone Up to the Speaker
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh