I was a kid in man clothes. I was out at an expensive restaurant with a girlfriend and her parents. The night was long, the conversation dull, and I felt like a frat pledge at a debutante’s ball. When we were done, just while I walked out the door, I took off my coat, balled in in my fists and hurled it into the grass…in front of my girlfriend and her parents. (I did say “kid in man clothes.”) Her parents, in no uncertain (and not particularly polite) terms, explained to me that my maturity level was not impressing them. They were right. I … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- There Be Dragons in Minnesota: A Late Review of the Series "Fargo"
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- New Podcast: "Detroit in World War II" with Author Greg Sumner
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh