I was a kid in man clothes. I was out at an expensive restaurant with a girlfriend and her parents. The night was long, the conversation dull, and I felt like a frat pledge at a debutante’s ball. When we were done, just while I walked out the door, I took off my coat, balled in in my fists and hurled it into the grass…in front of my girlfriend and her parents. (I did say “kid in man clothes.”) Her parents, in no uncertain (and not particularly polite) terms, explained to me that my maturity level was not impressing them. They were right. I … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- WandaVision's Re-Stream of Our Consciousness
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh