I was a kid in man clothes. I was out at an expensive restaurant with a girlfriend and her parents. The night was long, the conversation dull, and I felt like a frat pledge at a debutante’s ball. When we were done, just while I walked out the door, I took off my coat, balled in in my fists and hurled it into the grass…in front of my girlfriend and her parents. (I did say “kid in man clothes.”) Her parents, in no uncertain (and not particularly polite) terms, explained to me that my maturity level was not impressing them. They were right. I … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Cheers to the 19th Amendment--96 Years Ago Today!
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh