When I was about 13, I lived with my Mom by the University of Detroit across the street from the basketball arena. Back in those days I was the babysitter of choice for Ann and Jim. I used to give babysitting gift certificates for Christmas. Apart from that I was paid the going rate. The truth is, I would have done it for nothing as I always loved interacting with Jim and Ann and the kids. Jim would pick me up and I would grab Kilroy my cat and we would drive over to Ward St. On the way we would stop by Doyle’s liquor Store. Jim would get me … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
- WandaVision's Re-Stream of Our Consciousness
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh