When I was about 13, I lived with my Mom by the University of Detroit across the street from the basketball arena. Back in those days I was the babysitter of choice for Ann and Jim. I used to give babysitting gift certificates for Christmas. Apart from that I was paid the going rate. The truth is, I would have done it for nothing as I always loved interacting with Jim and Ann and the kids. Jim would pick me up and I would grab Kilroy my cat and we would drive over to Ward St. On the way we would stop by Doyle’s liquor Store. Jim would get me … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- New Podcast: Not Your Father's GOP - New Democrat Ryan Fishman, New Try for Michigan State Senate
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Death of a Whistleblower: Detroit's Bankruptcy, Edward Snowden and Jerry Buckley
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- The Anatomy of a Great '80s Pop Rock Song
- Destroying the Decepticon in My Living Room - Cutting Cable TV's $1K Umbilical Cord
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh