I go into FedEx a lot. At every FedEx in the country, they place these really unhealthy snacks at the counter. Namely, those really good-looking but surely-disappointing white chocolate covered pretzels, Flipz, are always sitting at the counter for purchase. They are strategically placed, of course, so that when a busy businessman or woman waiting in line at FedEx sees those bags of Flipz he or she will say to him or herself: “Damn. I am hungry. Those look delicious. Convenient. Unhealthy, sure, but I deserve it! Might as well…” And every time I am in a FedEx, I see those Flipz and I think: “I’m better than those people. I am fighting the urge. I won’t succumb to the man–to the subconscious of business and … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- The Consolidated States of America
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- WTF Podcast: Comedians Risking "Not-Funny"
- New Podcast: GM's "Google Years" with Ken Pickering, former Director of Engineering
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh