I go into FedEx a lot. At every FedEx in the country, they place these really unhealthy snacks at the counter. Namely, those really good-looking but surely-disappointing white chocolate covered pretzels, Flipz, are always sitting at the counter for purchase. They are strategically placed, of course, so that when a busy businessman or woman waiting in line at FedEx sees those bags of Flipz he or she will say to him or herself: “Damn. I am hungry. Those look delicious. Convenient. Unhealthy, sure, but I deserve it! Might as well…” And every time I am in a FedEx, I see those Flipz and I think: “I’m better than those people. I am fighting the urge. I won’t succumb to the man–to the subconscious of business and … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Joe D's Final Countdown: The Going to Work Pistons, a Retrospective
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- New (and Old) Frontiers: Above Detroit with Aerial Photographer Alex MacLean
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Ann and Jim's Wedding
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- There Be Dragons in Minnesota: A Late Review of the Series "Fargo"
- The Consolidated States of America
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh