This past weekend, I flew back to Philly to go to the latest of the three funerals I’ve had to attend over the past few months. My paternal grandmother was the first in the series, having passed last September; a good friend of mine “went home” just before Christmas, an event I wrote about in these pages already (My Fading Accent); and this time, it was the funeral of my Uncle Richie. Frankly, with no disrespect intended, I was not very close to him, although he was a steady presence of my life. I don’t write to cremate Richie or to praise him, … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Joe D's Final Countdown: The Going to Work Pistons, a Retrospective
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- New (and Old) Frontiers: Above Detroit with Aerial Photographer Alex MacLean
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- There Be Dragons in Minnesota: A Late Review of the Series "Fargo"
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- Ann and Jim's Wedding
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh