This past weekend, I flew back to Philly to go to the latest of the three funerals I’ve had to attend over the past few months. My paternal grandmother was the first in the series, having passed last September; a good friend of mine “went home” just before Christmas, an event I wrote about in these pages already (My Fading Accent); and this time, it was the funeral of my Uncle Richie. Frankly, with no disrespect intended, I was not very close to him, although he was a steady presence of my life. I don’t write to cremate Richie or to praise him, … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- "Let Jim Run His Own Funeral" - Irish Laughter Through Tears
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- The Consolidated States of America
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh