This past weekend, I flew back to Philly to go to the latest of the three funerals I’ve had to attend over the past few months. My paternal grandmother was the first in the series, having passed last September; a good friend of mine “went home” just before Christmas, an event I wrote about in these pages already (My Fading Accent); and this time, it was the funeral of my Uncle Richie. Frankly, with no disrespect intended, I was not very close to him, although he was a steady presence of my life. I don’t write to cremate Richie or to praise him, … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
- New Podcast: Not Your Father's GOP - New Democrat Ryan Fishman, New Try for Michigan State Senate
- "Cobbler and the Cowboy" -- My Grandma's Poetry
- Abilify's Bathrobe: The Joe Camel of Anti-Depressants
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh