This past weekend, I flew back to Philly to go to the latest of the three funerals I’ve had to attend over the past few months. My paternal grandmother was the first in the series, having passed last September; a good friend of mine “went home” just before Christmas, an event I wrote about in these pages already (My Fading Accent); and this time, it was the funeral of my Uncle Richie. Frankly, with no disrespect intended, I was not very close to him, although he was a steady presence of my life. I don’t write to cremate Richie or to praise him, … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Death of a Whistleblower: Detroit's Bankruptcy, Edward Snowden and Jerry Buckley
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- New Podcast: Not Your Father's GOP - New Democrat Ryan Fishman, New Try for Michigan State Senate
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh