This past weekend, I flew back to Philly to go to the latest of the three funerals I’ve had to attend over the past few months. My paternal grandmother was the first in the series, having passed last September; a good friend of mine “went home” just before Christmas, an event I wrote about in these pages already (My Fading Accent); and this time, it was the funeral of my Uncle Richie. Frankly, with no disrespect intended, I was not very close to him, although he was a steady presence of my life. I don’t write to cremate Richie or to praise him, … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- There Be Dragons in Minnesota: A Late Review of the Series "Fargo"
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Hi-Tech Meets Low-IQ: The Lions' Titus Young, Sr.
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Recipe for a Great Mom - Reflections from One Outnumbered Male
- The Consolidated States of America
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- You're Pregnant, You're Fired - Why Teachers Have Unions...For Now
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh