As far back as I can remember, I have argued against the death penalty, but so often over the past decade, I found my voice weaker, my stance less certain. The events in Boston yesterday reminded us all of one basic fact that will not be ignored: people suck. We’re not necessarily wrong when we tell ourselves that most people—the overwhelming majority of people–are basically good, even if a few exceptions so often demand our attention. But those exceptions at times open fire on parents carrying infants, putting 5 bullets in an infant … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- The Consolidated States of America
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- You're Pregnant, You're Fired - Why Teachers Have Unions...For Now
- And you may tell yourself/This is not my beautiful house!
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh