As far back as I can remember, I have argued against the death penalty, but so often over the past decade, I found my voice weaker, my stance less certain. The events in Boston yesterday reminded us all of one basic fact that will not be ignored: people suck. We’re not necessarily wrong when we tell ourselves that most people—the overwhelming majority of people–are basically good, even if a few exceptions so often demand our attention. But those exceptions at times open fire on parents carrying infants, putting 5 bullets in an infant … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- The Consolidated States of America
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Two Brothers Swimming Against the Amazon: Rochester's Village Lamp Shop
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- WTF Podcast: Comedians Risking "Not-Funny"
- New Podcast: GM's "Google Years" with Ken Pickering, former Director of Engineering
- And you may tell yourself/This is not my beautiful house!
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh