As far back as I can remember, I have argued against the death penalty, but so often over the past decade, I found my voice weaker, my stance less certain. The events in Boston yesterday reminded us all of one basic fact that will not be ignored: people suck. We’re not necessarily wrong when we tell ourselves that most people—the overwhelming majority of people–are basically good, even if a few exceptions so often demand our attention. But those exceptions at times open fire on parents carrying infants, putting 5 bullets in an infant … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- The Fading Power of Handwriting: My Dad and Journaling in Northern Michigan
- Scary Driver's Ed Films & Scarier Dumb-Phoners
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Perhaps the "F" and "Y" stand for something else...
- "Go! Go Fast! Hide Them!" - My Father's Guns
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh