Check out our WandaVision Roundtable podcast.
I’m still processing the remarkable WandaVision and its re-boot of the role of television on our culture, the metamorphosis of its consumption and digestion–and thankful for some friends to help me get some perspective on this tragedy wrapped in familiar sit-com sets with a laughing audience.
The Fonz, Kunta Kinte and Darth Vader’s paternity claim. My first three thoughts while processing WandaVision. Marvel and Disney+ actually had the nerve/guts to stretch out its nine-episodes over NINE weeks, reminding me of my first television cliff-hanger, many years before JR was shot.
Three moments of delayed gratification jump to mind from my childhood–triggered by the weird time-warp that WandaVision so accurately displays–making one week cover 50 years of jokes, hairstyles, … Read More…
Woodwords, “Your Detroit Avenue to Alternative Pop Culture and Talk” is a new blog and podcast created by MMD contributing writer and podcaster Kale Davidoff.
Kale joins Kevin to discuss:
- The first two months of a blog
- Writers and stage-fright
- The big thing before the big thing (aka “Off the Wall” pre “Thriller”)
- Cold-calling special guests for podcasts
- Just diving in and keep on swimming forward
- Surprises and the fun of evesdropping at the table next to you at the bar
- Marketing blog-posts with Facebook and Twitter trends
- Maintaining a blog
- Power of a deadline
- Consistency of Vanna White
Following a contest on MyMediaDiary.com, the top three winners guessing the 24 categories from the 2015 Academy Awards, Collin Ward, Melissa Balan and Steve Palizzi, were invited by hosts Kevin Walsh and Kale Davidoff to discuss the following:
- Best and Worst of the Show
- Bad Clips Shown for Good Actors
- Underwhelming Films
- New Categories such as:Neil Patrick Harris and the Hosting Curse–Too Naughty/Too Nice
- Best Picture–5 Years from Now
- Best Trailer
- Best Stuntwork
- Best Voice-Over Work
- Recommended Changes
- The Academy Voters Country Club/US Senate
- Joan Rivers
- Popularity of Hanging Lightbulbs
- Birdman and Hollywood’s Love Affair with Itself
In the podcast, Melissa … Read More…
[powerpress url=”<enclosure url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/mymediadiary/MMD_HoopsHype_March25_2014.mp3″ length=”19185142″ type=”audio/mpeg” ></enclosure>” /]
Contributing writer, Kale Davidoff, joins Kevin Walsh and media professionals Aaron Lebovic and Matt Moss to analyze the opening weekend of March Madness.
– Why is this event so special?
– What non-basketball part of the event do you like/dislike most?
– Review of brackets busted and intact
– Best/Worst of CBS coverage
– What changes would you make to either the tournament itself or its programming?