From our newest contributor, Chelsey Johnson…
Want to explore anything and everything under the sun, while staying in the same place? Get excited because it’s totally possible and free. You don’t need magic, you just need to grab your device and listen to a podcast!
Podcasts are audio shows that are packed with different stories and lessons. There is a podcast for every topic imaginable — whether you want to learn about how everyday tools are made or want to know more about a show you binge-watched last weekend. If you’re a curious creature itching for more knowledge about the … Read More…
Woodwords, “Your Detroit Avenue to Alternative Pop Culture and Talk” is a new blog and podcast created by MMD contributing writer and podcaster Kale Davidoff.
Kale joins Kevin to discuss:
- The first two months of a blog
- Writers and stage-fright
- The big thing before the big thing (aka “Off the Wall” pre “Thriller”)
- Cold-calling special guests for podcasts
- Just diving in and keep on swimming forward
- Surprises and the fun of evesdropping at the table next to you at the bar
- Marketing blog-posts with Facebook and Twitter trends
- Maintaining a blog
- Power of a deadline
- Consistency of Vanna White
Kevin Walsh is joined by Sheri Horwitz, Aaron Lebovic and Collin Ward as they dissect the 2014 Oscars, including…
- Our Panel’s Prediction-Accuracy (and those pesky costume awards),
- Cringeworthy Moments: Kim Novak’s Vertigo, Travolta’s stumblings, etc.,
- The Big Surprises: Shutout for Hustle,
- What Should Be Cut: Montages of Heroes, what?
- Ellen: Too-low key and casual–or just right?