Note: This podcast was co-produced with Digging Detroit and can also be found at this link.
A look inside the “Arsenal of Democracy” as Professor Gregory Sumner of University of Detroit Mercy joins Digging Detroit’s Thomas J. Reed Jr. and Detroit History Tours‘ Bailey Sisoy Isgro at Detroit’s historic Abick’s Bar. Sumner previews his upcoming book-signing, Detroit in WWII, at Abick’s on November 10, 2015.
Thanks to our Abick’s host, Eric and Kit, we visit with Prof. Sumner in the cigar room–formerly a barber shop. Amazing eats was provided once again by Andy Surowiec of Smokin’ Pole BBQ!
- Advantages of being an Hoosier looking in at Detroit
- Coming out of isolationism with the $1 men and patriotism of Joe Louis and Edsel Ford
- Warren Tanks … Read More…
Kevin Walsh interviews author and educator Dr. Erik Bean on his most recent books, including:
– Rigorous Grading Using Microsoft Word AutoCorrect
– WordPress for Student Writing Projects, Grades 6-12
– Overcoming student and teacher fatigue essay-fatigue with the technology
– Student and teacher reactions to new tricks for the old dog of MS Word
– Advantages of blogging for students (and overcoming stage fright)
– Trolling (and how to address them)
– Getting published–five times!
[powerpress url=”<enclosure url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/mymediadiary/MMD_HoopsHype_March25_2014.mp3″ length=”19185142″ type=”audio/mpeg” ></enclosure>” /]
Contributing writer, Kale Davidoff, joins Kevin Walsh and media professionals Aaron Lebovic and Matt Moss to analyze the opening weekend of March Madness.
– Why is this event so special?
– What non-basketball part of the event do you like/dislike most?
– Review of brackets busted and intact
– Best/Worst of CBS coverage
– What changes would you make to either the tournament itself or its programming?
At the risk of plugging a particular product, my iph–uh, my cellular phone is everything now. When I drive to and from work, which takes 1-1.5 hours out of my day, it navigates, it accesses IMDB for surfing during red lights, it gives me text messages from my wife about our need for milk (Kids, Don’t text and drive!), it plays any song or album I can think of whenever I want, and most often, it plays the podcasts I want to hear. Every Monday and Thursday, it plays the latest WTF, with Marc Maron, and … Read More…