This is Sophie, my two year old daughter, in a diner in Davie, Florida. I posted this photo on Facebook with the caption, “Go Eagles!” In an act that took me 30 seconds, I enlisted my innocent two year old into my plan to annoy as many Dolphin fans as possible. Raising my three girls has been a pleasure not just because I find ways to express my fundamental obnoxiousness, as important as that is. It’s also a joy for all the reasons everybody talks about—unconditional mutual love, having at your constant disposal little balls of indescribable cuteness, the pride in self-perpetuation, blah blah blah. … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- The Fading Power of Handwriting: My Dad and Journaling in Northern Michigan
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Perhaps the "F" and "Y" stand for something else...
- Scary Driver's Ed Films & Scarier Dumb-Phoners
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh