This is Sophie, my two year old daughter, in a diner in Davie, Florida. I posted this photo on Facebook with the caption, “Go Eagles!” In an act that took me 30 seconds, I enlisted my innocent two year old into my plan to annoy as many Dolphin fans as possible. Raising my three girls has been a pleasure not just because I find ways to express my fundamental obnoxiousness, as important as that is. It’s also a joy for all the reasons everybody talks about—unconditional mutual love, having at your constant disposal little balls of indescribable cuteness, the pride in self-perpetuation, blah blah blah. … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- And you may tell yourself/This is not my beautiful house!
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Film-Strips, Ventriloquism and Skipping Class - My Tenth-Grade Idol
- Joe D's Final Countdown: The Going to Work Pistons, a Retrospective
- There's Only One "Return" - A Deeper Look at Episode VI
- The Consolidated States of America
- New (and Old) Frontiers: Above Detroit with Aerial Photographer Alex MacLean
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- Prince - December 10th, 1981 Cobo Arena Detroit. The first time I heard music.
- "Fabberglasted" - Local Legend of Baseball and Fertilizer, Rod Allen
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh