Someone who knows me as well as anyone in the world–someone I’ve known since the playground–once told me he didn’t think I was someone who “had his back.” In a difficult time, I was not a guy he would turn to for help. The context of his comments is forgotten. Maybe it was just a mean thing someone says during an argument to get the last word. Maybe he was recalling a specific incident when he said it, although I can’t imagine what. The comments hit me like a jab to the temple. I believe this guy would always have my back. Whatever the context, when … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Cheers to the 19th Amendment--96 Years Ago Today!
- Abilify's Bathrobe: The Joe Camel of Anti-Depressants
- A Story So Frightening Your Hair Will Turn White...Eventually.
- WandaVision's Re-Stream of Our Consciousness
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh