Someone who knows me as well as anyone in the world–someone I’ve known since the playground–once told me he didn’t think I was someone who “had his back.” In a difficult time, I was not a guy he would turn to for help. The context of his comments is forgotten. Maybe it was just a mean thing someone says during an argument to get the last word. Maybe he was recalling a specific incident when he said it, although I can’t imagine what. The comments hit me like a jab to the temple. I believe this guy would always have my back. Whatever the context, when … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Joe D's Final Countdown: The Going to Work Pistons, a Retrospective
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Ann and Jim's Wedding
- New (and Old) Frontiers: Above Detroit with Aerial Photographer Alex MacLean
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- There Be Dragons in Minnesota: A Late Review of the Series "Fargo"
- The Consolidated States of America
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh