For the past two weeks, “This American Life” presented stories revolving around Harper High School in Chicago. Last year, 29 kids attending Harper were shot, 8 died. 29 shot, 8 died. We all remember vividly Newtown, Ct, the Aurora theatre murders, even Columbine so many years ago. Harper represents a more gradual mass murder, and one that deserves more attention that it will likely get. Honor student Hadiyah Pendleton made news by being gunned down a few weeks after the presidential inauguration she attended. But the news died down. I suspect no one will hear about Harper after TAL moves on to … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Death of a Whistleblower: Detroit's Bankruptcy, Edward Snowden and Jerry Buckley
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- New Podcast: Not Your Father's GOP - New Democrat Ryan Fishman, New Try for Michigan State Senate
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh