For the past two weeks, “This American Life” presented stories revolving around Harper High School in Chicago. Last year, 29 kids attending Harper were shot, 8 died. 29 shot, 8 died. We all remember vividly Newtown, Ct, the Aurora theatre murders, even Columbine so many years ago. Harper represents a more gradual mass murder, and one that deserves more attention that it will likely get. Honor student Hadiyah Pendleton made news by being gunned down a few weeks after the presidential inauguration she attended. But the news died down. I suspect no one will hear about Harper after TAL moves on to … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- "Brotherly Love" is Ironic? I've Never Heard That.
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
- 1980's Court-Jesters During Crisis: Airplane, The Blues Brothers and Caddyshack
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- The Consolidated States of America
- Cheers to the 19th Amendment--96 Years Ago Today!
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh