For the past two weeks, “This American Life” presented stories revolving around Harper High School in Chicago. Last year, 29 kids attending Harper were shot, 8 died. 29 shot, 8 died. We all remember vividly Newtown, Ct, the Aurora theatre murders, even Columbine so many years ago. Harper represents a more gradual mass murder, and one that deserves more attention that it will likely get. Honor student Hadiyah Pendleton made news by being gunned down a few weeks after the presidential inauguration she attended. But the news died down. I suspect no one will hear about Harper after TAL moves on to … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- WandaVision's Re-Stream of Our Consciousness
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh