College football’s Nittany Lions won a thriller this past weekend, a tight game requiring multiple overtimes. I grew up in eastern Pennsylvania, in a region teeming with Penn State grads and Nittany Lions fans, and I befriended a few of the rare ones who tolerated someone who went to Notre Dame. After the PSU game this Saturday, my Facebook page was abuzz with Penn State pride. One friend wrote simply “We are…,” to demonstrate her team-pride. Discounting the possibility her typewriter broke before she finished the phrase, and ignoring the fact the slogan just may be appropriated from another college team and … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Fr. Jack's Open Mind, Open Heart & Open-Mic - Remembering to Breathe
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- The Consolidated States of America
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh