College football’s Nittany Lions won a thriller this past weekend, a tight game requiring multiple overtimes. I grew up in eastern Pennsylvania, in a region teeming with Penn State grads and Nittany Lions fans, and I befriended a few of the rare ones who tolerated someone who went to Notre Dame. After the PSU game this Saturday, my Facebook page was abuzz with Penn State pride. One friend wrote simply “We are…,” to demonstrate her team-pride. Discounting the possibility her typewriter broke before she finished the phrase, and ignoring the fact the slogan just may be appropriated from another college team and … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- WandaVision's Re-Stream of Our Consciousness
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh