Shuffle is awesome. Just something about that option; that every time we pick up our mp3 players, we lend our mood to musical fate. I don’t even make playlists anymore. I enjoy the spontaneity of the shuffle feature. What’s crazy, is when a song comes on that eerily relates to whatever is going on in your life. This happens in movies A LOT. Cynics and trolls will roll their eyes every time a piece of media playing in the background (radio, film clip, news reel) directly relates to and affects our main character. It happens so often in film and TV. It’s even been perfectly spoofed by Trey Parker and Matt Stone in this scene from “BASEketball”. [Warning (and no surprise) a bit of vulgarity … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- "Brotherly Love" is Ironic? I've Never Heard That.
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- 1980's Court-Jesters During Crisis: Airplane, The Blues Brothers and Caddyshack
- The Consolidated States of America
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- Thanking Two Men I'd Forgotten to Thank 30 Years Ago: Mr. Denstaedt and Mr. Wentz
- Presidential Report Card from one Teacher's Lifetime: LBJ to Trump
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh