Shuffle is awesome. Just something about that option; that every time we pick up our mp3 players, we lend our mood to musical fate. I don’t even make playlists anymore. I enjoy the spontaneity of the shuffle feature. What’s crazy, is when a song comes on that eerily relates to whatever is going on in your life. This happens in movies A LOT. Cynics and trolls will roll their eyes every time a piece of media playing in the background (radio, film clip, news reel) directly relates to and affects our main character. It happens so often in film and TV. It’s even been perfectly spoofed by Trey Parker and Matt Stone in this scene from “BASEketball”. [Warning (and no surprise) a bit of vulgarity … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- The Consolidated States of America
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- You're Pregnant, You're Fired - Why Teachers Have Unions...For Now
- And you may tell yourself/This is not my beautiful house!
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh