Found this little gem on the book giveaway shelf at the gym today. I picked it up out of curiosity and would have put it right back down except that it fell open to “Fourth of July parties” as if calling out to me to read it, right then. And what a great read it was! I’m not giving a party this year, but after reading the 7-page section on Fourth of July it really made me wish I were (but only if I had a team of people to help me).
Follow our Podcast…
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Joe D's Final Countdown: The Going to Work Pistons, a Retrospective
- New (and Old) Frontiers: Above Detroit with Aerial Photographer Alex MacLean
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- No Snow-Days at the Detroit Zoo: A Winter's Afternoon with a Camera and a New Gadget
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- 10 Tips from 25 Years of Marriage - From Sweetest Day Toilet Repairs to Bathtub Duty
- 1980's Court-Jesters During Crisis: Airplane, The Blues Brothers and Caddyshack
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh