Watching Jennifer Lawrence win her deserved Oscar last Sunday night–and better yet, seeing her respond so humanly to tripping on her crazy dress heading up the slippery stairs, I felt that she was someone that would be pretty great to know. While she accepted her award, I suddenly flashed-back to another favorite of mine who won in 1989, Geena Davis, for The Accidental Tourist. She too played a quirky, pushy character who knocks a self-pitying guy out of his funk. In both cases, you’re siding with her over the guy, yelling at the screen for him, to quote Moonstruck, “Snap out of … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- The Consolidated States of America
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
- And you may tell yourself/This is not my beautiful house!
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh