Watching Jennifer Lawrence win her deserved Oscar last Sunday night–and better yet, seeing her respond so humanly to tripping on her crazy dress heading up the slippery stairs, I felt that she was someone that would be pretty great to know. While she accepted her award, I suddenly flashed-back to another favorite of mine who won in 1989, Geena Davis, for The Accidental Tourist. She too played a quirky, pushy character who knocks a self-pitying guy out of his funk. In both cases, you’re siding with her over the guy, yelling at the screen for him, to quote Moonstruck, “Snap out of … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Our Wonderful World: Podcasts for When You Want to Learn Something New
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Former Students, Facebook Afterlife and Heartwarming Gore with "Deadheads"
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- WandaVision's Re-Stream of Our Consciousness
- Fortune OR Glory: The Case for "Temple of Doom"
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh