Achilles was the grandest warrior of the Trojan war. With godlike looks to match his skills on the battlefield, Achilles lead Agamemnon’s forces to legendary status. Achilles was a man to emulate and any athlete would be floored to be compared to—if not for the frailness in which his rival Paris disposed of him. It’s why on Saturday night when I received a text from my brother that said, simply, “Jennings f#$@ed,” my heart sank. I wasn’t watching the game. I was at a bar and it was loud and there were too many people there and I couldn’t see the TV screens, but eventually I saw the replay of Brandon Jennings falling back on his heel and my deepest fears aligned with that of Homer and … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Cheers to the 19th Amendment--96 Years Ago Today!
- Abilify's Bathrobe: The Joe Camel of Anti-Depressants
- A Story So Frightening Your Hair Will Turn White...Eventually.
- WandaVision's Re-Stream of Our Consciousness
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh