In its article “Being White in Philly,” Philadelphia Magazine recently reminded us that we are not a post-racial society. Reviewers of the recent book “Lean In” by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg vigorously remind us that we are not post-gender either. I have to admit to a childish moment of resentment when I hear the reaction to the article or read these book reviews. I rebel against the perception (which may be in my mind alone) that I’m the bad guy. Am I seen as a secret racist, a card-carrying member of the He-Man Woman Hater’s Club? Am I the villain, or worse, am I Alfalfa?
Follow our Podcast…
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- 5 Love Songs That Send the Wrong Message
- "Hamilton" through the Lens of Cinematographer Declan Quinn--with Podcast
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Perhaps "Compromise" and "Politics" Can Coexist? Candidate Fishman Switches Sides and Hopes So
- Which America is Yours? A Proposed Four-Party Hogwarts Government
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- "Let Jim Run His Own Funeral" - Irish Laughter Through Tears
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- Lynn Eads: Online Parenting Coach & Author
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh