What does it take to drive someone away from his own party? Ronald Reagan, after all, left the Democrats in 1962 after being a successful union leader for years.
Ryan Fishman decided last September to run for his term-limited Michigan state senate district after a series of his op-ed articles convinced others to convince Ryan that he should leave the GOP and take a shot at a traditionally right-leaning district.
Ryan and Kevin discuss:
– Difficulties (or not, really) in switching parties
– Reagan Republicans and Reagan Democrats
– The bad business logic of Right to Work, removing unions and poor short-sighted infrastructures
– Door-Knocking and Lawn Signs
– Being under 30 and running for office
– Problem with planning for just 7 of 9 innings