Comedian Nathan Fielder engineered a prank on Twitter recently. You may have heard of it already. He asked his followers to send this text message to a parent: “Got 40 grams for $40.00.” Then, they were to send this message to the parent right afterwards: “Sorry. Text not for you. LOL.” Fielder asked his followers to submit screen-prints of the parents’ responses. Some of the responses were hysterical, in all-caps. Some were surprisingly laid back. All were pretty funny. Here’s a site where you can read some responses: htttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25/nathan-fielder-prank-drug-deal-tweet-parent-outrage_n_3157077.html
Follow our Podcast…
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Reading Was Boring--Until I Met Matilda
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Cheers to the 19th Amendment--96 Years Ago Today!
- Bigfoot, Leonard Nimoy and Fears of the Dark: "In Search Of"
- Don Draper & Tony Soprano: Smoking Alpha-Males at Mid-Life Crisis
- The Roaring Twenties in Detroit: A City in the Black—and Purple
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- "Cobbler and the Cowboy" -- My Grandma's Poetry
- Abilify's Bathrobe: The Joe Camel of Anti-Depressants
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh