This December, a week before Christmas vacation, I flew to Philly alone. As often happens during my trips north, I thought of my friend “The Kid,” Chris Poulos. I had been out of touch with The Kid. There was no falling out; we drifted apart as people do when they grow families, when they move, when their lives get more and more complicated. Every time I went home to Philly, I would always think of him. My family was big and spread out all over the region, and all the family visits demanded all our time. I would never get a chance … Read More…
Follow our Podcast…
- "Peeping Tomb" - Sunlight & Stained Glass in Detroit's Historic Woodlawn Cemetery
- 5 Beatles Covers That Are Better Than the Original
- Top 10 Extremely Guilty-Pleasure Songs from the 60s and 70s ... AKA "Umm...Yes...It's On My Playlist"
- Mad Magazine's 1976 Christmas Issue: Still Relevant, Still Memorized--Years Later
- Joe D's Final Countdown: The Going to Work Pistons, a Retrospective
- The Ring Around the Rosie: Nursery Rhymes & Nightmares
- Ann and Jim's Wedding
- New (and Old) Frontiers: Above Detroit with Aerial Photographer Alex MacLean
- "Who is the Tall Dark Stranger There?" James Garner, My First Man-Crush
- There Be Dragons in Minnesota: A Late Review of the Series "Fargo"
- The Consolidated States of America
- My Friends Call Me Tex Cobb: a Personal Contemplation of Bravery and Loyalty
18-Episode Documentary Series on Detroit Co-Created by Kevin Walsh