Playwright Frank Anthony Polito shares his journey from blue collar Hazel Park Michigan to New York’s theater scene, then back again, nearly 20 years later with a drama about his teenage years with his best friend–both discovering they are gay in the late 1980s.
For two more weekends–through October 4th, audiences can share this remarkable show in Hazel Park at the the Slipstream Theatre Initiative’s production of “B.F.s!” (link to website).
- Frank’s move journey home
- Writing a play (from an original novel)
- Basing characters on real people–and merging them
- Teenagers, friendships and drama
- Becoming a drama coach at your alma mater